SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) — Fifty years ago Salt Lake City firefighters were dealing with the biggest building fire ever in Utah.
It could be seen all over town. One who was watching it was ABC4’s Craig Wirth.
The giant Saltair resort was burning to the ground. For the anniversary of the spectacular fire that claimed the one-of-a-kind resort Craig Wirth goes back in time to visit the fire that burned for days in 1970.
- Reports: Hall of Famer Henry ‘Hank’ Aaron dies at 86
- Officials battle deadly flames, Logan City man dies
- Schumer: House to send Trump impeachment article to Senate Monday
- Missouri jail escapee arrested in New Mexico, two others still at large
- Utah flips from ‘COVID-induced job losses back to economic expansion’