Thunderstorms are in the forecast, but have you ever wondered how they form? How about why a “severe thunderstorm warning” gets issued? Thunderstorms in Utah start int he spring, but really gain traction during our monsoon season so about mid July through as late as September. A severe thunderstorm can has several elements that can cause damage to your home or car, and meteorologist Alana Brophy breaks it all down so you know what’s up in the atmosphere when it comes to Utah’s thunderstorms and speaks to the only agency allowed to issues weather warnings in the United States. It’s Weather Wednesday, so check out this week’s Weather Or Not: Thunderstorms in Utah.
- How to spot ‘shrinkflation’ at the grocery store (and save money)
- Warm, breezy temps with clouds rolling in on Sunday
- Broncos face Raiders today in first game since Gruden resignation
- Wanted: Police searching for Taylorsville murder suspect, considered dangerous
- Utes take control of Pac-12 South with 35-21 win over Arizona State