Thunderstorms are in the forecast, but have you ever wondered how they form? How about why a “severe thunderstorm warning” gets issued? Thunderstorms in Utah start int he spring, but really gain traction during our monsoon season so about mid July through as late as September. A severe thunderstorm can has several elements that can cause damage to your home or car, and meteorologist Alana Brophy breaks it all down so you know what’s up in the atmosphere when it comes to Utah’s thunderstorms and speaks to the only agency allowed to issues weather warnings in the United States. It’s Weather Wednesday, so check out this week’s Weather Or Not: Thunderstorms in Utah.
- UPDATE: Police locate missing 11-year-old from West Valley City
- Utah Fire Info extends stage 1 fire restrictions
- Your Local Election Headquarters: Presidential Debate 1 – Trump vs Biden
- Father of missing boy from Millcreek asks for him to come home
- How does Utah’s return to school compare to New York?