LEHI, Utah (ABC4 News)– Timpanogos Highway (SR 92) was closed at I-15 in Lehi over the weekend.
The closure started at 11 p.m. Saturday and will remain closed until 5:30 a.m. Monday. Officials with Utah Department of Transportation crews will be working to convert the diverging diamond interchange to a traditional interchange.
The closure will not affect Interstate 15 drivers.
Southbound drivers trying to get to American Fork Canyon or Traverse Mountain Outlets will need to use 2100 North. Northbound drivers heading west to Thanksgiving Point can use 2100 North or 14600 South.
Local traffic can use Triumph Boulevard and 2100 North for east/west travel.
UDOT says during the closure, crews will implement new features that will provide additional access to and from I-15:
- Traditional interchange at I-15 and Timpanogos Highway (converted from existing diverging diamond interchange)
- New off-ramp from southbound I-15 to the frontage road, allowing direct access to Thanksgiving Point and the businesses south
- Free-flowing U-turn lane on the Triumph Boulevard bridge to help drivers get from the southbound to northbound frontage road
Check out this video showing how it will all work.
Visit udottraffic.utah.gov or download the UDOT Traffic app for the latest in traffic and construction updates.
What others are reading:
- Officials identify teen who died in avalanche while snowmobiling with his dad
- After cashing in on QB gambles, Niners, Chiefs in Super Bowl
- Mostert lifts 49ers to Super Bowl with 37-20 win vs Packers
- Chiefs’ Reid headed back to Super Bowl after long absence
- Not All Mahomes: Chiefs defense shuts down Titans game plan