May 7, 2015
The following position is open at ABC 4/KTVX-TV, Salt Lake City, UT:
POSITION TITLE: Promotional Video Producer/Editor
The Commercial Video Editor operates editing equipment to produce images or scenes for commercial and promotional spots.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for commercial and promotional efforts.
- Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary.
- Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect.
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots.
- Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product.
- Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
- Maintains editing equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- High school diploma.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video editing equipment.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Proficiency with video editing equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The Commercial Video Editor must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Commercial Video Editor must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Commensurate with ability and experience.
Apply for job at: www.nexstar.tv
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPTS OF APPLICATIONS; WE WILL CONTACT YOU IF YOUR APPLICATION IS CHOSEN.