TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- New Cadillac CT6 sedan and GT4 crossover revealed in China
- Grizzly bears haven’t been in this national park since 1996: Why officials want them back
- Domino’s commits to 800 Chevy Bolt EV pizza delivery cars
- Mazda boosts EV target to 40% by 2030, plans new hybrid system
- Irene Cara, who sang hits from ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance,’ dies at 63