GARFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio (CNN) – A 79-year-old woman is facing jail time for feeding stray cats.
Nancy Segula received her first citation in 2017. Since then she has had four and her latest required her to appear before a judge.
The judge ordered Segula to spend 10 days in jail.
According to the city, it is illegal to feed stray dogs and cats.
She says she doesn’t feel the punishment fits the crime.
Segula was ordered to report to jail next month.
What others are clicking on:
- Police in South Salt Lake still looking for 11-year-old boy missing since Saturday afternoon
- Man who groped Salt Lake City bar employee arrested after pointing gun at security
- DWR seeking information about 2 buck deer poached in Magna
- Man arrested for drive-by shooting at ‘wrong home’ in Kearns
- 25-year-old woman from Ogden dies in side-by-side crash in Uintah County