GARFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio (CNN) – A 79-year-old woman is facing jail time for feeding stray cats.
Nancy Segula received her first citation in 2017. Since then she has had four and her latest required her to appear before a judge.
The judge ordered Segula to spend 10 days in jail.
According to the city, it is illegal to feed stray dogs and cats.
She says she doesn’t feel the punishment fits the crime.
Segula was ordered to report to jail next month.
What others are clicking on:
- Man shot by police to face trial on assault charges
- ‘It’s a powerless feeling’: Troopers describe being hit, urge drivers to slow down in inclement weather
- Stabbing reported at Millcreek bowling alley
- Police have a person of interest in suspicious death of Holladay woman
- Twitter data shows Utahns love CBD