The Class of 2019 in Arkansas is a good one with plenty of talent. A position that is drawing a lot of interest is the offensive line with three already committed to schools.
In coming weeks, Hogville.net and the Pig Trail Nation will have a look at various positions in Arkansas in different recruiting classes.
Today, here’s a look at the Top 6 offensive linemen in the Class of 2019 from inside the Natural State.
1. Stacey Wilkins, OT, Camden Fairview — The 6-7, 290-pound Wilkins has committed to Oklahoma. He chose the Sooners over Arkansas and a long list of other outstanding schools. Opens season on Friday, Aug. 31, at El Dorado.
2. Darius Thomas, OT, Jonesboro — Committed to Ole Miss. Thomas, 6-6, 320, had offers from many top schools that recruit the Natural State. Open the season on Aug. 31 when Batesville comes to Jonesboro.
3. Andrew Vest, OT, Searcy — A 6-6, 310, offensive tackle who is committed to UCA. While he is committed to UCA, don’t rule out Arkansas moving on him. He owns a 3.6 grade-point average and has scored a 28 on the ACT. He is a midterm graduate. Opens the season at Morrilton on Friday, Aug. 24.
4. Logan Kallesen, OG-C, Shiloh Christian — At 6-4, 295, Kallesen owns some offers to smaller schools as well as a preferred walk-on offer from Arkansas. Will play both way for the Saints, but will spend most of his time on offense. He will play defense in situation instances. Opens season on Aug. 24 by hosting Texarkana.
5. Elliott Harris Jr., OT, Joe T. Robinson — A prospect I will see play tonight. At 6-4, 320, he plays tackle for the Senators. He could move inside in college depending on where he attends. Texas State has already offered. His father lettered at Arkansas from 2001-04. Opens season tonight at Springdale.
6. Stevie Young, OT, Fort Smith Northside — He plays right tackle for the Grizzlies. At 6-5, 308, has the size the colleges like. Will help open holes and protect quarterback Derrick Wise. Opens season on Friday night when Rogers Heritage comes to Fort Smith.