SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)-ABC4’s Dana Greene says Major League Baseball is expected to suspend spring training due to growing concerns over the coronavirus.
ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports that there will be a conference call among all the MLB owners Thursday afternoon which will result in spring training being suspended. The league will likely delay the beginning of the regular season as well.
With the mass cancellations of sporting events around the country, MLB is facing pressure to follow suit, says Passan. An official announcement from the MLB is expected later today.
Other coronavirus related stories:
- UTAH CORONAVIRUS: Rolling average steadily declines, 222K vaccines administered Saturday
- Clinic to distribute COVID-19 vaccine to Utah’s homeless population
- Vaccine delayed for some seniors after Weber-Morgan Health Dept. site crashes
- Southern Utah health officials hoping for smoother vaccine sign-up Monday
- Over 200K coronavirus vaccines administered in Utah as hospitalizations drop