ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) – Utah has lost a coaching legend.
Utah State University says LaDell Anderson, former basketball coach, and athletic director died at 90. He was living in St. George.
Andersen played for the Aggies and then coached them from 1961 to 1971. He served as the school’s athletic director from 1973 to 1982.
He coached the Aggies to five appearances in the NCAA Tournament, including the program’s lone trip to the Elite Eight in 1970, where they lost to eventual national champion UCLA.
He was the third-winningest coach in school history at 173-96. Andersen coached BYU for six seasons.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Lucie + Gray Episode 10: McCall shares struggles and triumphs of recovering from a back injury
- Here are the Pier 1 stores set to close; is yours on the list?
- SC authorities to say how missing girl, neighbor were killed
- Mardi Gras comes early to The County Library
- Several award-nominated movies come home on DVD