ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP) – Utah has lost a coaching legend.
Utah State University says LaDell Anderson, former basketball coach, and athletic director died at 90. He was living in St. George.
Andersen played for the Aggies and then coached them from 1961 to 1971. He served as the school’s athletic director from 1973 to 1982.
He coached the Aggies to five appearances in the NCAA Tournament, including the program’s lone trip to the Elite Eight in 1970, where they lost to eventual national champion UCLA.
He was the third-winningest coach in school history at 173-96. Andersen coached BYU for six seasons.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic