Jennifer Burns and Jacob Schmidt with Utah Beef Council are in the ABC4 Utah Kitchen cooking up another recipe that your family is going to love to make at home.
- 10 oz. penne pasta
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup half & half or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add salt; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add olive oil. Sauté the onion with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; continue cooking for 1 minute.
Add ground beef back to the skillet with the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Dijon mustard, and Italian seasoning. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add half & half or cream. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
For additional recipes and information about Utah Beef Council, you can visit their website.
This article contains sponsored content.