Jennifer Burns with Utah Beef Council is in the ABC4 Utah Kitchen today to show a simple way to switch up your next sandwich for lunch, these beef pitas have a lot of flavor and are very easy to make. Perfect for leftover steak or make extra for dinner the night before.
- 1-pound beef Sirloin Tip Steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plain or seasoned hummus
- 4 whole wheat pita breads, cut crosswise in half
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Combine beef and lemon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until the outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef, adding remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet, if necessary.
- Spread hummus evenly in pita pockets. Fill with equal amounts of beef and toppings, as desired.
This article contains sponsored content.