UPDATE 08/07/20: Fire officials report the Hollow Fire is 100% contained.
UPDATE 8/3: All evacuations and closures for the Hollow Fire have been lifted. Containment is currently at 60%.
Firefighters continue to work toward containment Monday.
UPDATE 8/1 3:30 P.M. Fire officials say the Hollow fire has burned just over 1,400 acres, crews continue work towards containing the fire.
Direct line established on south and west flanks, forward progression has been halted.
Evacuations in place for homes between Big Horn Ranch Rd and Beck’s Rd.
SANPETE COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Multiple agencies are battling a new wildfire Friday in Sanpete County.
The fire dubbed as the Hollow fire is located near Indianola in Sanpete County. Fire officials estimate the fire at 600 acres and say it is now 7% contained.
Fire officials added that about 40 structures are being threatened by the fire but none have been lost.
Out of caution, Sanpete County says they are issuing a pre-evacuation order to the Big Horn Ranch area. Search and Rescue will be notifying anyone in the area.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
LATES NEWS STORIES:
- UPDATE: Police locate missing 11-year-old from West Valley City
- Utah Fire Info extends stage 1 fire restrictions
- Your Local Election Headquarters: Presidential Debate 1 – Trump vs Biden
- Father of missing boy from Millcreek asks for him to come home
- How does Utah’s return to school compare to New York?