UPDATE 08/07/20: Fire officials report the Hollow Fire is 100% contained.
UPDATE 8/3: All evacuations and closures for the Hollow Fire have been lifted. Containment is currently at 60%.
Firefighters continue to work toward containment Monday.
UPDATE 8/1 3:30 P.M. Fire officials say the Hollow fire has burned just over 1,400 acres, crews continue work towards containing the fire.
Direct line established on south and west flanks, forward progression has been halted.
Evacuations in place for homes between Big Horn Ranch Rd and Beck’s Rd.
SANPETE COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Multiple agencies are battling a new wildfire Friday in Sanpete County.
The fire dubbed as the Hollow fire is located near Indianola in Sanpete County. Fire officials estimate the fire at 600 acres and say it is now 7% contained.
Fire officials added that about 40 structures are being threatened by the fire but none have been lost.
Out of caution, Sanpete County says they are issuing a pre-evacuation order to the Big Horn Ranch area. Search and Rescue will be notifying anyone in the area.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
LATES NEWS STORIES:
- Dixie State University football team saves woman dangling from the Sugarloaf
- Are motorcycles better than cars? They’re definitely more fun
- Kamala Harris: Who is Joe Biden’s running mate?
- New team, same leadership: Jurrell Casey ready to wear the Orange and Blue
- Bluffdale police responding to fatal crash on Redwood road