April is National Autism Awareness Month. Julia Hood from the Carmen B. Pingree Autism Center of Learning joined Midday with what you can do to spread awareness about Autism.
Do Your Blue. Blue is the color of autism, so you can add a blue extension or streak to your hair. Or, buy a blue wristband, t-shirt or hat! Get your extension or wristband for a $10 donation or 3 for $20 at these participating salons:
- Amber René Salon and Spa – 907 9400 S, Sandy
- Evans Hairstyling College – 284 W 200 N, Lindon
- Forte Studio Salons – Jodi Anderson – 623 Fort Union Blvd # 208, Midvale
- Got Beauty – 904 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City
- Lunatic Fringe – 1790 1100 E, Salt Lake City
- Lunatic Fringe – 2545 E Parleys Way, Salt Lake City
- Lunatic Fringe – 1511 E 2100 S Suite B, Salt Lake City
- Lunatic Fringe – 4343 UT-224 #202, Park City
- Onyx Salon – 278 25th St, Ogden
- Pure Beauty – 8942 State St, Sandy
- Remedies Salon – 61 E 1280 N, Tooele
- Salon Shag – 1388 E Fort Union Boulevard, Cottonwood Heights
- Shear Pleasure – 287 No. Main, Tooele
- Star 21 Salon – 2151 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City
- Taylor Andrews Academy – 9052 S 1510 W, West Jordan
- Taylor D’Shaw – 388 W Winchester St, Murray
All proceeds will be used to fund scholarships for the Pingree Center’s students.
This year they’re also partnering with companies in various ways to raise awareness and support for the campaign. Here are those participating in Do Your Blue in April:
- SWIG n” Sweets (coloring their normal pink frosting from their very popular sugar cookie to Pingree BLUE for the month of April)
- Academy Mortgage
- Coldwell Banker
- Doug Smith Auto in American fork
- Rocky Mountain Power
- Sugar House Coffee “Blue Your Brew”
- Traeger Grills
- Varex Imaging
The Pingree Autism Center programs have the capacity to serve 80 preschool children, 70 elementary and 10 secondary aged children. Classes are small with approximately 10 children in each classroom.
This segment contains sponsored content.