WENDOVER (ABC4 News)- Officials with the Wendover Police Dept. are warning to people to keep a lookout for fake $100 bills.
Officials say the fake bill has pink or purple Chinese lettering on them, but other than that looks very similar to the real thing.
“At first glance [the bill] might well be mistaken for the real thing,” a post on the police department’s Facebook page stated. “If you are a cashier, or in a position of accepting paper currency, please use every precaution to ensure the bills received are authentic.”
- Battling Bullying: Controversy over proposed policy changes
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- 4 dead, 1 hospitalized after shooting in Grantsville
- With future unknown, couple displaced by Puerto Rico earthquake returns to Utah
- Crews prepare Salt Lake Temple grounds for excavation