HONOLULU (KHON2) — A former flight attendant is fighting to get his job back after failing a breathalyzer test. But he says it wasn’t alcohol that made him fail.
Andre Riley believes his diet could be to blame. At the time, Riley was on the keto diet. The high fat, low carb diet is a popular one for people looking to lose weight. But doctors say it can also cause your body to secrete a type of alcohol.
Riley believes this is why the breathalyzer went off.
“I wasn’t drinking, I wasn’t doing anything just cause I changed my diet.”
“Policies need to be revisited, as things like the keto diet come out which may lead to people having false positive,” said Adkins.
Riley has hired an attorney to help him get his job at American Airlines back. So far, the airline itself hasn’t commented.
He started a Go Fund Me for those interested in supporting him.
What others are reading:
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Utah reports 632 new coronavirus cases and 5 new deaths Saturday
- Teen shot, multiple detained after hotel party in West Valley
- Two hang gliders collide on Traverse Mountain in Lehi