CENTERVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A significant water main break was reported Thursday.
The water main break happened at 1650 North Main Street, according to Centerville police.
Police asked that everyone avoid the area as crews worked to fix the problem.
Main Street will remain closed overnight for repairs between 1450 North and 1700 South in Centerville, according to police.
Water outages are in order for about 10 homes in the immediate area and police say if your home is in this area you will be allowed to enter Main Street where it is closed.
As of 7:23 p.m. the water main break was no longer leaking because police say it was turned off.
Police advise drivers to follow signs and take the alternate route for the closure until the road is open again.
This is a developing story. Updates will be posted as they become available.
What others are reading:
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo
- Man selling car to couple in West Valley City robbed at gunpoint, had vehicle stolen
- DMV to stop sending car registration renewals by mail
- Fire near Fruitland damages 3 structures, 24 others threatened, Highway 40 reopened
- Man arrested for child abuse after throwing 3-year-old in pond at Liberty Park