The marathon is slated to travel down Provo Canyon and University Ave. to Center St. in Provo. The event will reportedly cause delays until 2 p.m. Saturday, though some closures start Friday, June 2.
Here are the closures set in place for the marathon:
Friday and Saturday Closures
- Center St. closed from 100 W to 100 E on Friday at 4 p.m. until Saturday at 2 p.m.
- University Ave. closed from 300 S to 100 N on Friday at 4 p.m. until Saturday 2 p.m.
- Please use the 300 S detour during this time.
Saturday Only Closures
- University Ave. closed from 4800 N to the Flyover at 800 N in Orem on Saturday at 6 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Northbound University Ave. traffic detour West at 4800 N to State St. up to 800 N Orem to access Provo Canyon (this is especially applicable to semis and tractor trailer vehicles).
- Southbound / Southwest traffic leaving Provo Canyon detour West at 800 N Orem. There will be no access to University Ave.
- Eastbound and Westbound traffic may cross University Ave. at main intersections between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wait times may be lengthy. Officers will be at these intersections to assist with crossing when opportunities are available.
- Use of the detour routes is highly suggested between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday. This is especially applicable for Eastbound and Westbound traffic to utilize 300 S (to avoid long wait times at main intersections).