“The building that caught fire this week at 220 S 200 E Salt Lake City is being razed this morning,” the fire dept. said in a social media post.
Multiple units of a neighboring apartment building were evacuated as the major fire occurred Saturday morning, June 3.
The fire reportedly happened in a vacant building located at 220 S 200 E. Crews arrived on scene and evacuated 55 units of the neighboring Randi Apartments to the north.
Fire personnel were on scene throughout the day, working to control the continued smoke and smoldering fire.
Crews closed off 200 E between 200 S and 300 S during the incident. The smoke was visible from most parts of the city.
No injuries have been reported at this time.