PROVO (ABC4 News)-BYU pole vaulter, Zach McWhorter, is going viral on the social media platform, TikTok, but for a painful price.
McWhorter, a 21-year-old student, was practicing his pole vaulting skills when disaster struck. At first, the video he posted to TikTok seems like it was a normal jump however, when his pole didn’t fall the right way, it essentially impaled his scrotum.
According to Fox Sports, the athlete’s dad rushed him to the hospital where he received 18 stitches. Luckily, McWhorter says he only has a scar from the viral incident.
So far, McWhorter’s TikTok video has over 18 million views, 3.6 million likes and over 38,000 comments.
What others are reading:
- Renewed push for hybrid schooling in Davis School District
- BYU trying to move past COVID cases and focus on home opener against Troy
- 11-year-old boy missing since Saturday afternoon found safe
- Civil rights leader Rev. Robert Graetz passes away at 92
- ‘The Main Even City Returns’: Preview to the Raiders season opener