PROVO (ABC4 News)-BYU pole vaulter, Zach McWhorter, is going viral on the social media platform, TikTok, but for a painful price.
McWhorter, a 21-year-old student, was practicing his pole vaulting skills when disaster struck. At first, the video he posted to TikTok seems like it was a normal jump however, when his pole didn’t fall the right way, it essentially impaled his scrotum.
According to Fox Sports, the athlete’s dad rushed him to the hospital where he received 18 stitches. Luckily, McWhorter says he only has a scar from the viral incident.
So far, McWhorter’s TikTok video has over 18 million views, 3.6 million likes and over 38,000 comments.
What others are reading:
- Firefighters responding to commercial fire on State Street in Salt Lake City
- It might legal to light fireworks in Utah now, but authorities want you to use caution, follow restrictions
- Don’t drink and boat in Utah, Operation Dry Water will bust you for BUI this weekend
- FOUND: Idaho boy separated from family while hiking in Summit County found safe
- Hospitals becoming overwhelmed with patients as US reports more than 50,000 COVID cases in a single day