POWELL, OH (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every 3 to 4 years and gestation last 255-265 days, or around 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
What others are clicking on:
- Multi-City firework show planned to honor those affected by COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cuomo: Now is the perfect time to address nation’s crumbling infrastructure
- Panel considers solutions to COVID-19 racial disparities
- 90-year-old teacher goes back to work, Petersen Art Center reopens
- Zombies, an affair, and lies: What Part 2 of Melanie Gibb’s interview reveals about Lori Daybell investigation