GRAND COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Wildlife officers with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources rescued a baby black bear that found itself stuck in a sandstone hole.
The agency was contacted after some hikers spotted the animal trapped in the hole.
After some time, officers were able to help free the bear by coaxing it up a makeshift ladder.
Officials said due to the bear’s size and age and the hot weather, they were able to use a non-drug approach to help the bear.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Volunteers from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints assist with fire recovery efforts in Oregon
- UPDATE: East Fork Fire in Uintas 68% contained, over 68k acres burned
- Orem evidence technician runs police room holding grim history
- FBI: Attempts to compromise elections could slow but will not prevent voting
- Authorities asking for help after horse shot and killed in Millard County