GRAND COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Wildlife officers with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources rescued a baby black bear that found itself stuck in a sandstone hole.
The agency was contacted after some hikers spotted the animal trapped in the hole.
After some time, officers were able to help free the bear by coaxing it up a makeshift ladder.
Officials said due to the bear’s size and age and the hot weather, they were able to use a non-drug approach to help the bear.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Feeling down and sluggish? Your thyroid could be to blame
- Teens and SLC employees volunteer at Utah Food Bank for MLK Day
- 49ers’ RB Raheem Mostert: ‘Look at me now’
- Andy Reid celebrated AFC Championship with cheeseburger then went to bed
- Search and rescue uses latest drone technology to rescue injured hiker at Snow Canyon State Park