GRAND COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Wildlife officers with the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources rescued a baby black bear that found itself stuck in a sandstone hole.
The agency was contacted after some hikers spotted the animal trapped in the hole.
After some time, officers were able to help free the bear by coaxing it up a makeshift ladder.
Officials said due to the bear’s size and age and the hot weather, they were able to use a non-drug approach to help the bear.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- E-liquid manufacturers warn Rep. Ray of a future lawsuit
- ‘Tears were flowing’: Mayor Jenny Wilson recounts experience at US-Mexico border
- Minors bringing weapons to Salt Lake County schools on the rise
- Search and rescue operation underway for missing kayakers near Antelope Island
- Intermountain Healthcare studies sepsis