OSWEGO, N.Y (WSYR-TV) — A woman from Oswego decided to give a “porch pirate” a gift this holiday season.
Lauren Pepper came home earlier this week to find a man trying to take a deliver off her porch. After a heated exchange, Pepper says the perpetrator ran off. She had a feeling he would be back.
“And I thought, what could I do to mess with these people who try and steal stuff?” Pepper said.
So, she got to work on a plan. Pepper has a two-year-old daughter that would serve as her “little helper.”
Pepper filled a deliver box with dirty diapers and left it on her porch. Sure enough, it was gone the next day.
“I wish I could have seen their face when they opened it,” Pepper said, laughing.
She didn’t catch the person in the act but thinks she’s flushed out the problem.
What others are clicking on:
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Unseasonable warmth for the first full week of Autumn
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- Sen. Lee releases statement after meeting with Supreme Court Nominee Judge Amy Coney Barrett