(CNN) – John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount – which produced the film – to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Mental Health Awareness Month
- St. George family loses home of 35 years to fire
- COVID-19 cases in Utah schools sees slight increase since mid-April
- Physician to parents: Get your tweens and early teens vaccinated against Covid-19
- How to transform your backyard into an outdoor theater