(WTNH) — Friday marks a historic moment in space travel as two female astronauts will venture on a space station mission.
According to NASA:
“The battery charge/discharge units regulate the amount of charge put into the batteries that collect energy from the station’s solar arrays to power station systems during periods when the complex orbits during nighttime passes around the Earth. Two other charge/discharge units on the affected 2B power channel did activate as planned and are providing power to station systems.”NASA
NASA has 38 active astronauts, only 12 are female.
The space walk will be live streamed at 6:30 a.m. on NASA’s YouTube channel here.
What others are clicking on:
- BYU closes regular season by beating Saint Mary’s for fourth straight win, 65-51
- Jazz bounce back with victory over Orlando, 124-109
- Runnin’ Utes use second half surge to beat #19 USC, 71-61
- Weber State dominates in season opener, winning 49-21 over Idaho State
- ‘This is your last will and testament’, Provo man fires multiple rounds at officers, charged