SALT LAKE CITY – (ABC4 News/CNN) By now you have heard about the surging plant-based meat alternative popularity, and the craze isn’t slowing down anytime soon.
Sales of plant-based foods grew 11% from 2018 to 2019.
Both Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat plan to begin selling more plant-based products.
Experts say demand is fueled by consumers looking to make their diets healthier and reduce their impact on the environment without sacrificing the taste.
What others are clicking on:
- Intermountain Healthcare transferring extra staff to Dixie Regional amid COVID-19 surge
- Trump, Biden campaign on same turf in battleground Florida
- Salt Lake City Police deliver candy to local elementary schools
- The Justice Files: Who killed ‘Missy?’
- Expert panel recommends colon cancer screening at age 45