(CNN) The Australian New South Wales government dropped food from a helicopter for animals to help them survive the bushfires.
Australia’s prime minister is expressing some regrets over the handling of his county’s wildlife crisis that has claimed more than two dozen lives.
Scott Morrison now admitting that there were things he quote “could’ve handled much better” after facing heavy criticism for his initial response.
He said he will purpose a national review to study how the government should respond the offer support to those affected by such disasters in the future.
This as officials airdrop thousands of pounds of food, like carrots and sweet potatoes, from plane to feed wildlife affected by fires.
What others are clicking on:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic