PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Residents in a Vancouver neighborhood were shocked to find a bald eagle dead in someone’s front yard Sunday morning.
Sandra Sandoval took a video of the scene. She said neighbors heard a “pop” that sounded like a gunshot, and came outside to find a bald eagle laying in the grass near East 33rd and S Street.
They think the bird hit a nearby power line and was electrocuted. Vancouver police officers said it knocked out power to a few nearby homes. They monitored traffic while a Clark Public Utility truck looked at the lines.
Neighbors said they have seen the bird flying through the area in recent weeks, and wondered if it was looking for a mate.
We’ve reached out to officials for more information, stay with KOIN6 News for updates on this story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- 18 sailors injured as crews battle fire on Navy ship
- Bountiful police need help to find suspects in fraud and theft cases
- Crews battle fire on Navy ship in San Diego
- Firefighters work all night to fight Crestwood Fire above Millcreek; Fire now 90% contained
- Salt Lake City apartment fire caused by unattended candle