TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Unified Police are investigating a suspicious death they say happened Saturday night at a Salt Lake County home.
The person killed has been identified as 17-year-old Kaylissa O’Leary.
“Last night around 10:20, we received a call that a shooting happened at 3142 West Havea Circle in Taylorsville,” said Sgt. Melody Gray of the Unified Police Department.
Police say it happened during a party attended mostly by teens.
“What we know is there was a gun at that party, we don’t know exactly what happened from then,” said Gray.
Neighbors we spoke to didn’t want to go on-camera, but say this is a relatively quiet neighborhood where people stay to themselves.
“Right now, we are investigating this as a suspicious death,” said Gray.
“Some of the reason behind that is the partygoers fled the scene, so we haven’t been able to talk to all of the people that were there.”
Police are now trying to track down everyone who attended.
They say they don’t know who the gun belongs to.
O’Leary was a senior at Copper Hills High School in West Jordan.
Police say they’ve notified the district about the shooting.
This is a developing story, more information will be shared as it becomes available.
What others are clicking on:
- Amid pandemic, Utah County lets mask mandate expire
- Cancer surgeries potentially delayed due to COVID-19 case increase
- Masen Wake hurdling his way into national spotlight
- Convicted sex offender arrested after breaking into camper trailer, sexually assaulting woman in Cedar City
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?