OREM, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two men in Utah County have are facing felony arson charges after police said they set fire to a car outside a bar in Orem.
According to charging documents, Jacob Aston, 28, and Esau Jared Moreno-Cordova, 25 both face second-degree felony arson for an incident outside “The Hitching Post Bar and Grill,” located at 30 North Geneva Road on July 10.
When officers arrived, they found a red Chevrolet Impala had been set on fire with several windows broken out.
Surveillance footage from the bar captured a white Cadillac STS, later identified as belonging to Aston, pull into the parking lot. The driver then got out of the car and put a rag in the gas tank and lit it on fire.
During interviews with police, Aston said Moreno-Cordova put him up to it after both of the men had recently been in disagreements with the owner of the car.
Moreno-Cordova stayed in the car while Aston vandalized the vehicle. Moreno-Cordova also admitted to police he helped fill the gas can, proved the lighter for the fire, and acted as a lookout.
The vehicle was a total loss and the damage was valued at $5500.00.
- Driver runs red light in Sandy, causes multi-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett was trustee at private school with anti-gay policies
- Parents of 545 children separated at border can’t be found, court-appointed lawyers say
- ‘Vote for Trump or else’: Voters receive threatening email
- COVID-19 survivor walks out of rehab after being pronounced brain dead