UPDATE: Officials say the semi driver killed was 29-year-old Andrew G. Nash, from Spring Creek, Nevada.
The passenger killed has been identified as Rocky D. Witt, 62, from Spring Creek, Nevada.
The Nevada Highway Patrol, Eureka County Sheriff’s Office, Elko County Sheriff’s Office, and the NTSB are all investigating.
ELKO COUNTY, Nevada (ABC4 News) – Two people are dead after a semi-tractor and a bus collided near Carlin, Nevada early Saturday morning.
Officials with the Eureka County Sheriff’s Office say the crash happened around 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning on SR 766, 6 miles north of Carlin, Nevada.
Upon EMS arrival multiple patients were taken from the scene via
helicopter, ambulance, fixed-wing aircraft, and the Elko County Major Emergency Response Vehicle.
Twenty-two people were involved between the bus and the semi. Police say two people have died due to their injuries.
Officials with the Nevada Department of Public Safety say one of the deceased was a passenger on the Coach USA bus, and the other was the driver of the Commercial Motor Vehicle.
Their names will not be released until next of kin has been notified.
All 20 passengers on the bus were transported to NNRH with 5 in critical condition, NDPS says.
What others are clicking on:
- Firefighters defend Sandy homes from fast-moving grass fire
- Local veterans set to board Honor Flight
- St. George Regional Airport to reopen; repairs caused at least $400,000 in lost revenue
- Mother dies from injuries sustained in crash that killed her 16-year-old daughter
- Salt Lake City chosen as 5G network test site