WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police arrested a teen and a man after a gang-related shooting in West Valley City Wednesday night.
It happened around 9:40 p.m. near 3184 South Hammonton Circle.
West Valley City Police tells ABC4 News a 15-year-old teen and 26-year-old man got into an argument and then started shooting at each other.
According to police, the teen got in a stolen car and left the scene.
Police later found the car and a chase started. Officers were able to spike the car and took him into custody.
Back at the scene, West Valley City Police Officers found 26-year-old Travis Amituanai.
He says the teen shot at him first and acted in self defense. Police took him into custody.
Nobody was injured during the shooting.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Navajo homes getting electricity with CARES Act funding
- Man with history of DUI’s found passed out behind the wheel at stop sign in Utah County
- Utah 2 day report shows 6,142 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 15 new deaths
- Report: Utah officer captured on ABC4 cameras used ‘improper’ force when pushing man during protests