SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) Morning traffic and avalanche control combined to cause canyon closures.
UPDATE 1:49PM Big Cottonwood Canyon is now open.
UPDATE 11:47 AM Saturday: UDOT has tweeted out Little Cottonwood Canyon Road is now open and thanks everyone for their patience the last couple of days.
In Little Cottonwood Canyon avalanche concerns have kept the canyon closed. Officials anticipate a noon opening.
In Big Cottonwood canyon the swarm of traffic and limited parking for skiers caused congestion. The parking lots are now full in Big Cottonwood Canyon and Skiers are being asked to park at the bottom of the canyon and take public transportation up. Currently UTA buses and resident traffic are allowed in the canyon.
This story is developing and ABC4 News will update as more information is given throughout the day.
Stories others are looking at right now:
- Amid pandemic, Utah County lets mask mandate expire
- Cancer surgeries potentially delayed due to COVID-19 case increase
- Masen Wake hurdling his way into national spotlight
- Convicted sex offender arrested after breaking into camper trailer, sexually assaulting woman in Cedar City
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?