Toxicology Reports Confirm 2 Park City Teens Died From ‘Pinky’ Overdose

News
Pink_Drug.png
PARK CITY, Utah (ABC4 Utah)- Toxicology reports confirm two Park City teens died from an overdose of the drug commonly known as “pinky” or “pink”.
 
Officials at the Park City Police Department say the Utah Medical Examiner’s Office has determined 13-year-olds Ryan Ainsworth and Grant Seaver’s cause of death was “acute drug intoxication of U-47700, the synthetic opioid known as ‘pink’.” 
 
Back in September, Ainsworth and Seaver were both found dead within days of each other.
 
“We’re very concerned that there is more pink, and we’re concerned that it is such a dangerous drug,” said Capt. Phil Kirk, with Park City Police Dept.
 
In October, a 15-yr-old in Park City was charged with distribution of a controlled or counterfeit substance in connection with the deaths.
 
Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
 
Here is helpful information on synthetic opioid U-47700
 
WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
· White powder
· Can also come in liquid form; watch for dropper bottles and nasal inhalers
· Unmarked “stealth” delivery boxes – in some cases, these may have hand-written labels
· Boxes, vials or plastic baggies labeled “Not for Human Consumption” or “For Research Purposes Only”
· Pay attention to any packages being shipped to your house, especially anything shipped from Asian countries
 
WHAT TO DO:
· U-47700 is extremely toxic, even in small doses. 
· Exposure to U-47700 by inhalation or contact with skin can be fatal. 
· If you believe you have encountered the drug, contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.