Ogden, Utah (ABC4) – Fire investigators say an overnight house fire at 2029 Monroe Boulevard that displaced three Ogden residents was human caused.
Ogden Deputy Fire Chief Shelby Willis says the fire started just after midnight Sunday morning at 2029 Monroe Boulevard. When firefighters arrived on scene, the front porch of the single-family home was burning.
Bystanders told firefighters the fire started in the grass and a tree in the front yard and moved to the home. Residents of the home were able to safely get out before firefighters arrived.
Twenty-one firefighters from Ogden City and South Ogden fought the house fire. Willis said the fire was contained to the front of the home and the attic, but still caused $30,000 in damage.
No injuries were reported and the cause is under investigation.
What others are reading:
- Suspect in custody after high-speed chase in Cedar City
- ‘A gift you don’t want to give’: Over 200 vehicles stolen last month in Salt Lake City
- Behind every soldier, there is someone like LeeAnn Gossett
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl