TOOELE COUNTY (ABC4 News) – A trench collapsed on two workers at a construction site in Tooele County off of Interstate-80 early Saturday morning, according to Unified Fire Authority.
Unified Fire responded to the trench collapse, which had trapped two people, at 1:15 a.m. to find both workers had already gotten themselves out of the collapsed trench.
Emergency responders took one person to the hospital in serious condition. The other person did not require medical attention.
Fire authorities could not comment on the name of the construction company involved or the cause of the collapse.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- ReTree Salt Lake City launches to replant trees lost by storm
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- Actor Luke Wilson talks to us about his brand new ABC show
- UPDATE: Fire burning up Neffs Canyon 0% contained