SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) ABC4’s Craig Wirth has been part of election TV coverage for 52 years now… and gives us a nostalgic look back at elections that have significantly changed over the years.
We still use a lot of red-white- and blue colors, and that is about all that is the same.
Nothing was digital about election night on TV. It ran on paper and big sets of red, white and blue bunting, even though everyone still had black and white TV.
Election Central, the Tribune got its results first from calls throughout Utah, they scribbled the numbers and kids would run back and forth to the TV stations and from there they would rush the numbers to the people on the set.
Criag Wirth takes us back and a look at how it all was done.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Navajo homes getting electricity with CARES Act funding
- Man with history of DUI’s found passed out behind the wheel at stop sign in Utah County
- Utah 2 day report shows 6,142 new COVID-19 cases Friday, 15 new deaths
- Report: Utah officer captured on ABC4 cameras used ‘improper’ force when pushing man during protests