SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – It is snowing in parts of Northern Utah Sunday morning.
The snow is sticking on the higher elevation roads of Interstate 80, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, Sardine Canyon and Logan Canyon causing the roads to be slippery.
There is one accident reported along I-80 just west of the Wyoming border which is causing minimal delays.
The forecast is calling for snow in Northern and Eastern Utah through Sunday evening. Gusty winds and blowing snow will affect travel on I-80.
Weather officials say temperatures will continue to drop through the course of the day, ushering in much colder air through the first part of the week.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- BYU police looking for sexual assault suspect
- Navajo Nation: 168 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported
- Yes, the desert misses the rain
- Possible outbreak of COVID-19 at Central Utah Correctional Facility
- San Juan County Sheriff’s Office releases ‘persons’ of interest in mysterious Utah monolith disappearance