SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – It is snowing in parts of Northern Utah Sunday morning.
The snow is sticking on the higher elevation roads of Interstate 80, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, Sardine Canyon and Logan Canyon causing the roads to be slippery.
There is one accident reported along I-80 just west of the Wyoming border which is causing minimal delays.
The forecast is calling for snow in Northern and Eastern Utah through Sunday evening. Gusty winds and blowing snow will affect travel on I-80.
Weather officials say temperatures will continue to drop through the course of the day, ushering in much colder air through the first part of the week.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing