SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – It is snowing in parts of Northern Utah Sunday morning.
The snow is sticking on the higher elevation roads of Interstate 80, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons, Sardine Canyon and Logan Canyon causing the roads to be slippery.
There is one accident reported along I-80 just west of the Wyoming border which is causing minimal delays.
The forecast is calling for snow in Northern and Eastern Utah through Sunday evening. Gusty winds and blowing snow will affect travel on I-80.
Weather officials say temperatures will continue to drop through the course of the day, ushering in much colder air through the first part of the week.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- What to know about Prediabetes – and a new online screening test
- Man faces child abuse charges after 10-month-old suffers bruises, broken leg
- SCOTUS struggles with Trump arguments over DACA
- Meet the hosts of the CMA Awards – Carrie Underwood, Reba and Dolly Parton
- Alex Trebek gets choked up over contestant’s answer