Utah (ABC4 News) – This Memorial Day we remember Chief Warrant Officer Kirk Fuchigami. Fuchigami was a member of the U.S. Army and died while serving our country in Afghanistan last November.
Related: We Remember: Army Spc. Cody J. Towse
Fuchigami was 25-years-old when his Apache helicopter crashed in Afghanistan, killing one other soldier. He left his wife, McKenzie, who he married just eight months before his death.
Fuchigami, originally from Hawaii, was laid to rest in his widow’s hometown of Brigham City in December of 2019.
What others are clicking on:
- Police arrest 15-year-old who lead police on chase
- What’s the process following an officer-involved critical incident in Salt Lake County?
- Heat intensifies by end of the week
- Police release body cam video, seek suspects in SLC riot
- Utah student face-covering guidelines, who decides them?