TREMONTON, Utah (ABC4 News) — A Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. was responding to a crash when his vehicle was struck by a truck.
Saturday afternoon Sgt. Nelson was on the scene of a crash on northbound I-15 when a truck struck Nelson’s vehicle with him in it.
According to Sgt. Zaugg, Nelson was transported to a nearby hospital, examined for injuries, and was released. Zaugg says he is experiencing muscle soreness, but is at home resting.
In a tweet, Col. Michael Rapich reminds the public, “When you see emergency lights, slow down, move over, and remember there is someone out there trying to keep you safe.”
What others are clicking on:
- BYU police looking for sexual assault suspect
- Navajo Nation: 168 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths reported
- Yes, the desert misses the rain
- Possible outbreak of COVID-19 at Central Utah Correctional Facility
- San Juan County Sheriff’s Office releases ‘persons’ of interest in mysterious Utah monolith disappearance