TREMONTON, Utah (ABC4 News) — A Utah Highway Patrol Sgt. was responding to a crash when his vehicle was struck by a truck.
Saturday afternoon Sgt. Nelson was on the scene of a crash on northbound I-15 when a truck struck Nelson’s vehicle with him in it.
According to Sgt. Zaugg, Nelson was transported to a nearby hospital, examined for injuries, and was released. Zaugg says he is experiencing muscle soreness, but is at home resting.
In a tweet, Col. Michael Rapich reminds the public, “When you see emergency lights, slow down, move over, and remember there is someone out there trying to keep you safe.”
What others are clicking on:
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Second stimulus check: GOP senators not ready to commit to direct payments
- Utah reports 632 new coronavirus cases and 5 new deaths Saturday
- Teen shot, multiple detained after hotel party in West Valley