SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – Police have arrested a suspect in the murder of 21-year-old Isaiah Valerio in Salt Lake City.

Roy Anthony Duran, 20 turned himself into the Clearfield Police Department on Monday and was arrested for allegedly killing Valerio while attending a warehouse Halloween party early Sunday morning.

Police were called to reports of a shooting near 500 West and 600 South around 1:23 a.m. on Sunday. Officers immediately responded and found Valerio in critical condition. First responders immediately performed first aid but Valerio was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to witnesses, Duran allegedly shot Valerio at the party and fled the scene. Prior to the shooting, Duran was allegedly involved in an argument with several partygoers. Witnesses also reported that Duran punched Valerio in the head prior to the shooting, Salt Lake City Police said.

Duran was booked into the Salt Lake County Metro Jail on charges of murder, obstruction of justice, and being a restricted person in possession of a firearm.

Anyone with information on this case including photos or video of the moments leading up to, during, or after the shooting, should call 801-799-3000 and reference case number 21-195834.

ORIGINAL STORY: Wanted: Police searching for suspect after fatal SLC shooting

SUNDAY 10/24/21 8:53 a.m.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – Police are searching for a man after a fatal shooting left one dead early Sunday morning.

Salt Lake City Police have identified the suspect as 20-year-old Roy Anthony Duran. Police describe him with tattoos on his right hand and right forearm, along with a tattoo on his neck and below his right ear.

SLCPD says the suspect should be considered armed and dangerous.

Police have identified the victim as 21-year-old Isaiah Valerio. The shooting occurred near the area of 500 West 600 South around 1:23 a.m. in Salt Lake City.

SLCPD first responded to the area after reports of a shooting. When officers arrived, they discovered the victim in critical condition. First aid was administered, but the victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say eyewitnesses saw the suspect fleeing the crime scene before officers arrived.

Homicide detectives are still investigating the events surrounding the incident. They believe some sort of disturbance caused the fatal shooting. Officers also believe several key eyewitnesses with critical information fled the scene before police arrived.

Authorities are asking anyone with information on this case or who may have photos or video of the moments surrounding the shooting to call (801) 799-3000 and reference case number 21-195834.

If anyone knows the suspect’s whereabouts, they should immediately call 911.

ABC4 will update this story as more information becomes available.