WEST JORDAN, Utah (ABC4 News) A man who caused an accident in West Jordan then left the scene was arrested Friday after police located the vehicle by tracing the fluid leaking from his car.
According to West Jordan Police Sgt. Dan Roberts, Luis Meza, 24 was driving a vehicle near Sugar Factory Rd. and Redwood Rd. and was involved in an accident where he rear ended another car then backed up and left the scene. Police say Meza’s vehicle sustained severe damage to the front hood of his car and both air bags deployed.
Roberts said Meza’s vehicle leaked fluids which were tracked from the accident location to a mobile home park which was just north of where Meza lives and was found. When officers went to talk to the suspect, he refused to follow officers commands and continued to attempt to turn around on the officer and break away from the officer. Both the suspect and the officer ended up on the ground where the officer was assaulted by Meza.
Meza was found to have a denied driver’s licence after an alcohol offense.
What others are clicking on:
- Clarkson pours in 23 points as Jazz beat Denver for 5th straight victory, 109-105
- Two small groups of protestors met with heavy police presence at Utah State Capitol
- Red Rocks come up short against defending national champion Oklahoma
- Near deadly collision: Vehicle strikes Salt Lake City man, officers investigate scene
- ‘Today was our best-case scenario’, Governor Cox reacts to peaceful protestors, Sunday