VENTURA, California (ABC4 News) – A Utah couple was killed after the plane they were in crashed Wednesday afternoon in Ventura, California.
The Ventura County Medical Examiner identified the couple as John Wells, 60 and Tara Wells, 56, both of Salt Lake City.
According to a tweet from the Ventura County Fire Department, the single-engine aircraft landed just off the runway around 1:30 p.m. at the Camarillo Airport.
The FAA and NTSB are still investigating the crash. No other details have been released.
What others are clicking on:
- Utah doctors put possible COVID-19 fighting drugs to test in clinical research trial
- American Family Insurance returning $4 million to Utah customers
- Musical performance and acts of kindness at Utah senior living center
- Human rights group says detainees at ICE facilities at risk
- Latino workers ‘disproportionally’ hit by COVID-19 layoffs, business closings, leaders say