WASATCH COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters have made big progress on the Deer Creek Fire near Heber. Jeremy Hales, The Wasatch County Emergency manager told ABC4 News Sunday afternoon that firefighter have the fire 90% contained.
Fire officials have walked the area and have revised the acreage burned. It was 57 acres at last check.
The flames have been knocked down for now. Crews have begun mop up work.
Officials say the fire was human caused.
This story was updated at 05:04 pm reflecting the 90% contained update
This is a developing story we will update you as new information comes in.
What people are clicking on right now:
- Amid pandemic, Utah County lets mask mandate expire
- Cancer surgeries potentially delayed due to COVID-19 case increase
- Masen Wake hurdling his way into national spotlight
- Convicted sex offender arrested after breaking into camper trailer, sexually assaulting woman in Cedar City
- Trump vs. Biden: Are there any undecided voters left?