WASATCH COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters have made big progress on the Deer Creek Fire near Heber. Jeremy Hales, The Wasatch County Emergency manager told ABC4 News Sunday afternoon that firefighter have the fire 90% contained.
Fire officials have walked the area and have revised the acreage burned. It was 57 acres at last check.
The flames have been knocked down for now. Crews have begun mop up work.
Officials say the fire was human caused.
This story was updated at 05:04 pm reflecting the 90% contained update
This is a developing story we will update you as new information comes in.
What people are clicking on right now:
- Two arrested in deadly stabbing in West Valley City
- Juvenile detained after fire at Uintah Middle School
- Weber County inmate escapes by posing as another inmate
- Utah State crushes San Jose State for 6th straight victory, 94-56
- Olympia Hills project approved by county council