SUGARHOUSE, Utah (ABc4 News) – Officials with University of Utah Health announced Friday they will now offer drive-up COVID-19 evaluations.
Health officials say this is in response to a high volume of vehicles arriving at University of Utah Health Centers. Patients may now be evaluated on-site to determine whether a COVID-19 test is warranted.
After calling U of U Health’s coronavirus hotline, a patient who is presenting COVID-19 symptoms will either be scheduled a virtual urgent care appointment or be sent to a testing site for a drive-up evaluation, officials say.
The drive-up will open Friday, March 20th at 1:00 p.m. at the U of U Sugar House Health Center, 1280 E Stringham Ave, Salt Lake City.
What others are clicking on:
- Health officials concerned over holiday weekend activities after record high day of positive cases
- Watch: Utah County’s 4th of July Fireworks displays
- Kanye West announces bid for U.S. President
- Davis County K9 dies after months of health-related issues
- Fire in Eagle Mountain caused by spark from heavy equipment