SUGARHOUSE, Utah (ABc4 News) – Officials with University of Utah Health announced Friday they will now offer drive-up COVID-19 evaluations.
Health officials say this is in response to a high volume of vehicles arriving at University of Utah Health Centers. Patients may now be evaluated on-site to determine whether a COVID-19 test is warranted.
After calling U of U Health’s coronavirus hotline, a patient who is presenting COVID-19 symptoms will either be scheduled a virtual urgent care appointment or be sent to a testing site for a drive-up evaluation, officials say.
The drive-up will open Friday, March 20th at 1:00 p.m. at the U of U Sugar House Health Center, 1280 E Stringham Ave, Salt Lake City.
What others are clicking on:
- American Fork buzzer-beater highlights 6A basketball quarterfinals
- 54-year-old killed in deadly Layton crash
- Jaren Hall is healthy again, hoping to become BYU’s starting quarterback
- Behind The Badge: Juab County Sheriff’s Sergeant Chris Painter saves baby alongside I-15
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Should students vote in local school board elections?