SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Officials with the Unified Police Department sent out a social media alert Sunday warning of a scam.
UPD says there is a scam going around using Sheriff Rosie Rivera as the sender of emails asking if individuals are available. If the receiver responds to the email it sends a request for gift cards, official say.
Sheriff Rivera, the SLCO Sheriff’s Office nor the UPD operates in this manner, officials say.
See post from the Unified Police Department below:
What others are clicking on:
- ‘How To’ guide for downtown Salt Lake City during the holidays
- Live coverage & analysis: Judiciary Committee nears impeachment vote
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal