SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Officials with the Unified Police Department sent out a social media alert Sunday warning of a scam.
UPD says there is a scam going around using Sheriff Rosie Rivera as the sender of emails asking if individuals are available. If the receiver responds to the email it sends a request for gift cards, official say.
Sheriff Rivera, the SLCO Sheriff’s Office nor the UPD operates in this manner, officials say.
See post from the Unified Police Department below:
What others are clicking on:
- Truck slams into Burgess Owens campaign headquarters
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson: Joe Biden is ‘the best choice to lead our country’
- Real Salt Lake plays Minnesota to scoreless draw
- Nearly 1,000 individuals buried in a forgotten Idaho cemetery, how you can help remember them