SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is temporarily closing all temples due to continuing COVID-19 concerns.
The closure will be effective Wednesday, March 25 and the First Presidency of the Church emphasized that the change is temporary.
Church leaders also included the following details:
- Temple staff will contact all patrons with an existing appointment to confirm cancellation.
- When temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule their living ordinances.
- Members with additional questions are invited to visit with their bishop or stake president.
Church leaders added in a letter to members that they look forward to the day when temples will be reopened.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Auto insurance companies return $800 million in premiums because no one is driving
- Wildfire trucks retrofitted to operate as ambulances because of COVID-19
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene
- KFC donates meals to health care workers in Utah
- Utah could be out of COVID-19 testing supplies in one week