SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is temporarily closing all temples due to continuing COVID-19 concerns.
The closure will be effective Wednesday, March 25 and the First Presidency of the Church emphasized that the change is temporary.
Church leaders also included the following details:
- Temple staff will contact all patrons with an existing appointment to confirm cancellation.
- When temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule their living ordinances.
- Members with additional questions are invited to visit with their bishop or stake president.
Church leaders added in a letter to members that they look forward to the day when temples will be reopened.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- How the Navajo people became warriors against the COVID-19 monster
- Utah reports 1,081 new COVID-19 cases Tuesday, five new deaths
- Navajo Nation: 14 new cases of COVID-19 and 1 new death
- Utah reports 1,168 new COVID-19 cases Monday, 3 more deaths
- COVID-19 cases cause Intermountain Healthcare to open surge ICU in Southern Utah