SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is temporarily closing all temples due to continuing COVID-19 concerns.
The closure will be effective Wednesday, March 25 and the First Presidency of the Church emphasized that the change is temporary.
Church leaders also included the following details:
- Temple staff will contact all patrons with an existing appointment to confirm cancellation.
- When temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule their living ordinances.
- Members with additional questions are invited to visit with their bishop or stake president.
Church leaders added in a letter to members that they look forward to the day when temples will be reopened.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- SLC teacher on returning to class feels her health is ‘in the middle of this political battle’
- Getting your shots: State Department of Health reveals timeline for all Utahns to get COVID-19 vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccine distribution on wheels in Salt Lake County
- Group kicked-off Salt Lake City flight for not wearing face masks properly
- Over 250,000 COVID-19 vaccines administered in Utah