SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is temporarily closing all temples due to continuing COVID-19 concerns.
The closure will be effective Wednesday, March 25 and the First Presidency of the Church emphasized that the change is temporary.
Church leaders also included the following details:
- Temple staff will contact all patrons with an existing appointment to confirm cancellation.
- When temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule their living ordinances.
- Members with additional questions are invited to visit with their bishop or stake president.
Church leaders added in a letter to members that they look forward to the day when temples will be reopened.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- Stay Safe to Stay Open: Riverton, South Valley Chamber launch program to provide masks to businesses
- Doctors note new COVID-19 symptoms in young adults
- VIRAL VIDEO: COVID-19 through the eyes of a four-year-old
- COVID-19: ‘Healthy Together’ tracking app falls short
- Salt Lake City School District offers free mental health services to students