SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is temporarily closing all temples due to continuing COVID-19 concerns.
The closure will be effective Wednesday, March 25 and the First Presidency of the Church emphasized that the change is temporary.
Church leaders also included the following details:
- Temple staff will contact all patrons with an existing appointment to confirm cancellation.
- When temples resume activity, patrons should contact the temple to reschedule their living ordinances.
- Members with additional questions are invited to visit with their bishop or stake president.
Church leaders added in a letter to members that they look forward to the day when temples will be reopened.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS STORIES:
- 264 new cases, 1 more COVID-19 related death
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo lays off 27 percent of staff due to financial impact of COVID-19
- District Court Judge sides with Tooele County officials to stop planned Collin Raye concert
- WATCH: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- First COVID-19 case confirmed at the Utah State prison in Draper