MIDVALE, Utah (ABC4 News) Police identified a man and woman who were found dead inside a Midvale apartment during a SWAT call.
Police said 26-year-old Miranda Schachinger and 26-year-old Isaac Andre Renfrow.
The SWAT incident started as a domestic check at Candlestick Apartments located at 7800 South State Street.
Unified Police Detective Hansen said officials heard a few shots while communicating with the people inside the apartment.
When they entered the apartment, both Schachinger and Renfrow were found dead, he said.
This appears to be a murder-suicide, no officers were involved Det. Ken Hansen said.
Miranda’s family thanks the amazing police officers, detectives, victim advocates, EMS,
firefighters, and other public servants who have sacrificed their time to support, uplift, and
mourn with us.
A vigil will be held Saturday, May 2, at 6 p.m at Candlestick Apartments
What others are reading:
- One dead in Logan Canyon rollover
- Charlie Brewer impresses in Red-White Spring Game
- Red Rocks put up season-high score, finish third at NCAA Championships
- Without three All-Stars, Jazz lose in overtime to Lakers, 127-115
- ‘The loss is unbearable’, Utah Sikh community mourn the loss of Indianapolis mass shooting victims