HERRIMAN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police responded to a 911 call reporting a double stabbing on 4654 W Midas Gold Road at 5:45 p.m. Saturday, according to Lt. Cody Stromberg of the Herriman Police Department.
Stromberg said an adult male and an adult female, who are considered victims, both sustained severe injuries and fled to a neighbor’s home. Both received medical attention at a local hospital.
Herriman police were joined by Unified Police, Riverton Police, South Jordan Police, and Utah Highway Patrol to assist in locating the suspect.
Following an extensive area search which employed K-9 teams, officials located and apprehended the suspect, a 52-year-old male named Thomas Michael Taren, according to officials.
According to Stromberg, Taren was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on counts of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault. The incident is considered a domestic violence situation because Taren lived with the adult female victim.
What others are reading:
- State officials hear resident’s responses to UDOT’s I-15 expansion plan
- Utah man sues Alaska troopers, says his job offer was yanked after revealing HIV status
- Family finds 1 million copper pennies while cleaning out Los Angeles home
- Blue Bell reveals limited-time ice cream flavor with a coffee kick
- David Elmore, former owner of Utah Grizzlies, passes away at 89