LEEDS, Utah (ABC4 News) A fire that started near Leeds on Tuesday has burned 150 acres and has no containment as of Wednesday morning.
The Spirit Creek fire was first reported just before 4:30 p.m. approximately 1.5 miles northeast of Oak Grove Campground.
Utah Fire Info said it is burning between Pig and Spirit Creeks in oak brush, mixed conifer, and pinyon juniper.
“Fire crews on scene are monitoring fire activity while aviation resources have been ordered due to the difficult access for ground personnel. Fire activity is creeping and smoldering through dead/down fuels with some isolated trees torching on the interior of the fire perimeter,” states a post on the Utah Fire Info Twitter.
- Reward offered for information into death of woman found shot near Saltair
- Navajo Nation: 168 new COVID-19 cases, two more deaths
- 1 person dead, another hospitalized after crash in Sugar House
- Calls increase for Governor to release some of the ‘200 million’ pandemic relief funds to struggling businesses
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines