WEDNESDAY 9/30/2020 4:15 p.m.
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police have identified the victim from Monday’s homicide as Kaitlyn Barron, 23, from San Antonio, TX.
Officials say Kaitlyn died as a result of blunt force trauma. Evidence from the scene has been submitted for forensic analysis.
ORIGINAL STORY: South Salt Lake Police investigating after woman’s body found in parking lot
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police in South Salt Lake are currently on the scene of an apparent homicide Monday morning after the body of a woman was found in a parking lot.
According to SSLPD Spokesperson Danielle Croyle, a witness called police around 7:30 a.m. to report the body of a Caucasian female in the back parking lot of 2550 South and 300 West.
“At this time, we have very little information we’re in the early stages of this investigation,” said Croyle. “We are investigating it as a homicide we are asking anybody who may have been in this area 2500 South 300 West may have had information from anything from last night or early this morning to please call in.”
There is no known age, extent of injuries, cause of death or identity. Crime scene investigators on scene.
Police are asking anyone who may have been in the area and seen anything suspicious to contact police at 801-840-4000.
*Developing* ABC4 has a crew on scene. An update will be provided once additional details are released.
- ‘It’s amazing what it can do for the mental health’: Provo schools host pandemic art contest
- Dog set on fire remains in critical condition, says Salt Lake officials
- Advice from Two-Time Cancer Survivor, Holly Hagerman on Jessop’s Journal
- Trump State Department aide charged for Capitol riot involvement
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida